In between the morning session and the afternoon session of conference we headed out shopping as my mom had heard that the grocery stores were having case lot sales. She stocked up on everything she needed. We had also planned to make strawberry jam for Geran and Kathy so we headed off to Costco to get some strawberries. While we were there we saw something that you would never see in a Washington Costco. We saw items from Lehi Roller mills and items in big buckets for food storage. Then we came across the "Cansolidator" It is a food rotation item that rotates your cans. It is from Shelf Reliance a Utah company that does food storage.
So I called Jared and asked him if I should get any and how many. They were$21.99 a piece. On the website they are on sale for $39.99 a piece regularly $44.99 so a great deal. So I got 5 of them. When I got home I had to set them up. Each unit holds 40 cans give or take. So I put them together and although I don't have 200 cans or even 75 cans it is set up and I am excited to fill them with food storage.

Right now I have a can in each slot to show me what size can I configured each row for as I don't have enough cans to fill it. So until I label each row with the can size my cans are spread out.

I wanted to have the unit be one continuous unit but the supports for the wire rack get in the way so it can't go all the way across. I was contemplating getting more but for now I think the 5 work great.

I don't know if it really freed up alot of space but now we are able to store so much more. Pardon all the other stuff on the shelf. If it doesn't look edible it is supposed to be on the other side over the laundry area but repairs are still being done. Next on the food storage list....fill the racks, get 2 more big containers for flour and sugar and get some #10 cans of food. Can't wait for Jared to see it! What a bargain though. If you are in the Utah, Idaho area check out Costco and see if they have them as they are selling these units for way cheaper than anywhere else. In the box was a pamphlet for shelf reliance and when you buy any of their food packages they will send a rotation unit for free with it. Check it out...there is no reason not to have a food supply with so many great resources out there.
And for your viewing enjoyment... Little miss being herself...adorable!!
2 comments:
That's awesome Chrissy!You go girl!!It was great catching up with you at Ira's wedding!
It looks great! Just think, in a few months it will be full!
Post a Comment