BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camping trip #2

Alright I know, I know. Its been a long time since I last updated this here blog as I received a friendly reminder from an unnamed source ;-) I have a ton of pictures and lots to update on. So stay with me on this as I try and update. It may take a day or two.
During the second week in July we loaded up our car once again after being gone the prior week at Lake Shasta with Jared's family (that post to come tomorrow) My whole family trekked over the mountains to Idaho for some camping. We brought Jared's parents Jetskiis for the week and they were a hit. Sadly I only took a few pictures from our adventure. I know others have pictures and we also did family pictures (to come later also)
Little Miss was in heaven playing outside. She had her city girl moments when a bug would fly near her. She sure knows how to scream. We had to remind her numerous times that she is bigger than the bugs. She had a blast playing with her cousins. I had to let go and let her get as dirty as she wanted....whats camping without some dirt!
Each family rented a cabin. Inside there was a futon and bunkbeds with the lower bunk the size of a Queen bed. It was nice to have a place to get away from the bugs, rain and best of all no hard ground. Best of all it had air conditioning and heat. Not too shabby.
Below is the view from the porch off our cabin. We set up our "kitchen" on the porch where we made our breakfast and lunch as each family was in charge of one night for dinner. For our dinner we did bbq ribs, corn, baked beans, rolls and a chocolate turtle cake in the dutch oven. It was yummy!
Little Man did pretty well with his first camping trip. Sadly he was teething and developed a nasty low grade fever. We finally gave up on the Children's tylenol and got some motrin and he started getting so much better. By the time we left his fever was gone. Poor thing. He still had fun despite his fever and lack of places to crawl during the day. He climbed on everything when we let him loose in the cabin.
Does that look like a face of a sick kid?!?!
One highlight was a surprise baby shower for Geran and Kathy. We can't wait for the arrival of their little boy! The kids had a great time on the jetskiis including a few of the adult kids. The water was pretty frigid but we still had a great time in the water. Jared was able to get his water skiing, wakeboarding and jetskiing fix in for the year. We had a great time with the family and are already planning our vacation for next year. Any suggestions?

0 comments: