Introducing Carter Riley!
Born July 25 Weighing 7lbs 3oz. and 20 inches tall at 1:48pm
I won't go into lengthy details but Jared and I went into the hospital at 5:15 in the morning and checked in to be induced. At 7:10am the pitocin was finally started. The contractions started right away and I was able to just work through them. Before our first nurse left she said get an epidural before they break my water just in case things go quick. I was still only at 3cm and by 11 I was at 4cm. The Dr broke my water at 11 and at 1:00 the nurse said they were having a hard time keeping the baby on the monitor and that they wanted to do an internal monitor. So at 1:20 the Dr came in to put the monitor in and found I was 7cm. The nurse told me to tell her when I felt pressure. Right after she told me that I felt pressure. She said to tell her when the pressure was more. A minute later it was more and the tears started flowing from my eyes. The nurse checked me at 1:30 and I was 10cm. It was time to push. I pushed for 2 sets of 2 and Carter was born at 1:48. His apgars were 9 and 9. It was a really quick process and very calm. He has a FULL head of hair. Its about an inch long if not longer in other spots. He is adorable!
Getting his footprints taken
Father and Son
Little Miss went down for a nap at 2:00 and wasn't there until after 5:00. We never did manage to get a picture of all four of us. Hopefully soon though. We missed her alot while we were at the hospital for our short stay. It was wonderful when she did arrive. Our little family was complete...well at least for now.
My family came up to see our new arrival and we got this photo of the cousins, obviously minus Little Miss. Hopefully we get one with her to. (L to R Aubree, Colin, Conner, Carter, Morgan and Kinley)
My sweet sleeping baby. I forgot how much they sleep when they are newborns.







3 comments:
Congtratulations Chrissy,Jared and little Miss!! He is handsome!!! glad everyone is well!!!
Congrats! He is super cute.
I must say, I am a little jealous. Your delivery seemed so quick. So did you have time or an epidural or not? He is super cute! Wish I could see him in person!
Post a Comment