I can't believe that summer is gone...well not technically, but the neighborhood kids are getting ready to go back to school...wahoo! Not that I don't like kids but I am excited for them to not be running on my lawn. It made me think that Little Miss will be starting school in the not so distant future, 2 years! That time is going to go quickly. I wonder though as I talk to others about their children who are also 3, if I am the only parent who won't be taking their child to preschool. Maybe when she is 4, but it makes me second guess the decision not to send her to preschool. I was never sent to preschool as a child neither were my siblings. So I have decided to take upon myself the teaching of Little Miss this year. Wish me luck!
I honestly don't know what to teach her as its been so long since I was in kindergarten plus she already knows the basics. Any suggestions? She already knows her ABC's, shapes, colors, 1-20, animals. Maybe how to spell, or read simple words, counting beyond 20. She can write the letter i and o so maybe teaching her how to write the rest of the alphabet.
In other news, potty training has gone so much better than I thought. She has not had an accident since last week. Now to just get her out of diapers for naps and bed time.
Little Man is doing great. He sleeps well most of the time doing about 3-4 hours before waking up to eat. Around 8 he knows its time to get in his pj's and swaddled. He is starting to make more little noises. He is holding his head up more and is showing the same progress as little miss did at about the same age. Some of the greatest news is that he has NOT lost any of his hair. Wahoo!!
We are still working on the yard. Jared finished staining the fence. We hope to make major progress this weekend and hopefully will get the grass put in, in the next couple weeks. Then it will be just small projects.
I can't wait for the cool weather and the changing of the seasons. I LOVE Fall! Bring on the holidays!
Sorry no pictures this time :-(



1 comments:
Okay, its cool weather, and raining! Be prepared for muddy jeans and shoes while Jared works on the back yard! If you had wished for an Indian summer, he wouldn't have to deal with mud!!! All your fault for the work enviornment! Ha ha! It was fun VT-ing you yesterday!
Post a Comment