Yes, I know I have slacked on keeping everyone up to date. Not much is going on in our world. Here is a recap of things that have come and gone.
Thanksgiving: Jared's family flew in from Reno and Vegas to spend the holiday with us. Little Miss warmed up fast and enjoyed having others to play with besides Jared and I. We had a nice little feast on Turkey day, even though we had Ham. It tasted yummy! We did a little black Friday shopping, but mostly we stayed around the house and hung out. One day we headed down to Kent for Little Lizzies baptism and the blessings of Miss K and Miss A. I was asked to be one of her speakers for the program, hopefully it was something she will remember. The blessings of the babies were wonderful and the men gave beautiful blessings to them. Sadly the stay of Jared's family was too short. Hopefully we will get to see them soon.
The day Jared's family left I had the honor of giving a talk in sacrament meeting. Luckily I had finished my talk the week before thanksgiving so I wasn't having to worry about it when family were in town. I was told it was a great talk but I honestly remember it as a big blur. You would think with the public speaking experience that I have through Skills-USA that I would be able to give a talk in church without turning red....um no, not the case. Glad it is over though.
We had our first snow fall last Sunday, which prompted us to finally get new tires for our car. Now our garage has the new tire smell. Of course the snow didn't stick around but for those who don't know there are a few hills in every direction to get to our home and since we are in the convergence zone we are more likely to get snow then others. So to ensure we can make it anywhere if it were to snow we bought tires.
Little Miss and I are currently battling colds. Against my better judgment I let Little Miss go to nursery on Sunday. I will NEVER again leave her there if I see stuff oozing out of one girls eye and another coughing up a lung. Now we both might miss church on Sunday due to other parents letting their children go to nursery sick...bah! So due to Little Miss being sick her sleeping is way off and she is sleeping when she isn't supposed to be and staying awake when she is to be sleeping. Last night she slept in our bed, when midnight came around Jared was tired of waiting for her to fall asleep so he brought her in knowing she would eventually fall asleep next to me.
4 AM she starts coughing so I got the baby-rub out and put some on her chest. She woke up at 10 this morning. I hate when she is sick. Luckily though We have all gotten our Flu shots and Jared and I have gotten our H1N1 shots and Little Miss is getting hers this Saturday. Hopefully we all stay healthy from here on out.
Jared is staying busy of course, and we are very excited for his vacation from work to start. It will be nice to have him home all day long.We have gotten Little Miss some snow gear so we hope to go play in the snow during his break.
I am staying busy with Little Miss and the house. Nothing too exciting.
We are really excited to get to spend Christmas Day with my family and look forward to the fun we will have with them. Can't wait!!
Sorry no pictures with this post. I'll be better during the holiday break to get my camera out. Hope everyone is happy and healthy. Merry Christmas!



0 comments:
Post a Comment