Since we moved in back in August our home has been bare. Very Bare! I even had a sister tell me that it looked we were still living in an apartment. So Jared and I finally got our act together and did something about it. We headed to IKEA one Saturday and spent numerous hours, okay maybe only like 2 to 2 1/2 hours going through each department looking for items. We needed some sort of table for one wall, picture frames and Large serving plates and bowls for our upcoming holidays. We ended up leaving without a table but we found that at Target for $50 marked down from $200! We got the picture frames up where we wanted and then we had the daunting task of picking out the pictures. I told Jared that he needed to keep me in check or else the pictures would all be pictures or Little Miss! I think everything turned out great. This is the first time I have EVER been able to decorate how I want to because its MY walls.
So here is the Before:
(minus the table as I forgot to get a before picture without it)
The After:
We had the painting that Jared's Great-Uncle painted for a wedding gift re-framed and decided it looked best above the table.
The Before:
The After:
We put these very large prints above the TV. We hope to be getting a larger TV in the not so distant future, thus the large space between the current TV and frames.
The Before:
The After:
This wall I am still deciding on whether or not to do a Vinyl saying. I think I have the one I want picked out its just executing the idea now.
Below is my splash of color. I got these pillows for a great price and I think they look beautiful.
I know there is still a lot to do especially upstairs but I think we have got a pretty good start at making our home less like an apartment. The big project will be Little Misses room that I have been wanting to do for a while but just need to motivation and money. The rest is simple, but will take time as well. Now to prepare for our first official visitors that arrive next week for Turkey day, but first I need to get through this week.



3 comments:
It looks great! Awesome Job! I love the pictures you aren't as bad a photographer as you think you are!
Looks good!! Still missing something though.....VINYL :) Good job!
vinyl is the next step. I am working with Jen right now on getting some vinyl made up. Stay tuned.
Post a Comment