Okay so maybe not everywhere. So here is the story, I was using the powder bathroom and happened to look down and thought something looked strange. I got down on my hands and knees and my suspicion was right. Sadly I was right and I am now wishing I wasn't right. When I first looked down I was thinking oh maybe when they put the trim in the person's hands were dirty and got finger prints on the wall....NOPE!!! This is what I saw when I pulled the trim away from the wall!!
Lovely, disgusting mold! I called Jared and told him what I saw and he had me look up the pictures we took during the frame walk to see what may be the problem. I looked behind the washer and saw a little mold on the trim, looked under the crawl space and saw water down there. Not cool. I called Jared back and he said he was going to call the Warranty rep to figure out what to do. He can out shortly after that as it was very important and checked it out and determined that there was a leak, well yeah! So he called the plumber. The plumber came out found the problem and fixed it. It was the cold water line for the washer, Hopefully he fixed it for good. Below is the mess he left.
Not too bad just a hole in the wall. Well the warranty rep came back after the plumber had left and called the restoration company to come take care of the mold situation. They came out and cleaned up what they needed to in a short time and then set up fans to start the drying process. They would be back the next day to remove ALL contaminated material.
This is where my laundry room is. The water leaked from that one pipe into the powder bath wall and the laundry room wall, the flooring in the bathroom and the laundry room and the closet under the stairs and into a portion of the kitchen vinyl. It also obviously went into the crawl space. Notice in the pictures that there is about 18 inches of wall that was taken out including the flooring.
This is where my Washer and Dryer used to be.
This is where my toilet used to sit in the powder bath. They removed the sink and toilet from the bathroom and the washer and dryer from the laundry. They had me take all the stuff above the washer and dryer and move it and also get any food I may need the next couple days to a week out as they would be blocking it. Talk about inconveniencing a stay at home mom.
This is the view in my kitchen. They put up the plastic to keep dust and dirt in the air contained and to keep the heat in that area to dry it out. I can't open my fridge all the way either because of a big metal pole holding up the plastic. Right now I have Two large fans blowing air into the bathroom and laundry room and infrared light in the crawl space drying it out down there. The next step will be once everything is dried out the fans will be taken out and the plastic taken down and the warranty rep will then have the dry wall guys come back fix the walls, then all the appliances will be taken out of my kitchen to replace ALL the vinyl as it is one huge piece and the vinyl in the entry way and bathroom are as well one big piece. They also need to replace the carpet and pad under the stairs. Then they need to texture and paint put my stuff back in the bathroom i.e. toilet and sink and put all my appliances back. I don't know if that is the specific order or not but it needs to be done. This has been my week as of Wednesday....so much for going out of town. GRRRR!!! Good thing I found it now and not later.
On a Happier note look at this adorable little face!



5 comments:
Sorry you are having to experience construction!Hopefully they do a fantastic job replacing everything!You are always welcome to do laundry here if you need to :-)
Or, you could do it the old fashioned way with a scrub board in the tub!I'm feeling your pain......it's just like camping!
Chrissy,
That is awful! Glad you found it now, and not later like you said....could have been way worse! A good friend of mine had so many issues with her new house a couple of years ago....she always had someone there fixing something! I hope this is it for you :)
Wow. That looks worse in pictures than what I was imagining. Hopefully they get it fixed before Jared leaves on his trip.
I'm so sorry to hear this, Chrissy! I'm sure you thought house drama was over. Wishing you quick repairs!
Hope that everthing dries quickly and everything be put back and then life can get back to normal.
Post a Comment