Last week as Jitter Bug had just dozed off and I was reading close to 10 PM the power went out. Jared had just finished up in the shower and was coming out of the bathroom ( thankfully he was out) I opened the blinds to see if it was just our house or the valley too. I grabbed my cell phone as it was the only thing I could think of to use as a flashlight. Went out into the hallway and my mom and Brother were coming down the hall with cell phones glowing. Technology is grand! We all headed off to bed thinking the power would be back on in a couple hours. No big deal. I woke up a few times in the middle of the night and the clock was still not on. 5 Am rolls around and Jared heads out the door at 6, still no power. Jitter bug and I wake up around 8:30. Still no power. As we head out into the living room Gabe is bundled in a blanket, my Mom is next to him on the couch and CT is running around. Then I see what is for breakfast. The pioneer woman in my mom made pancake batter to be made on the fireplace. So I made me and Jitter Bug pancakes.
We went the rest of the day wondering when the power would be back on. Jared called the power company from work and they said 10AM power should be up, then it went to 3PM and the power was finally restored to my parents street 10 minutes to 5. It was a very long and quiet day. Luckily the power came back on before Survivor started.



0 comments:
Post a Comment