BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Day of School, First Day of School!



*tear* She's all grown up. I can't believe she is going to school
I finally get to talk about my little preschooler. While everyone else got to brag about their little ones heading off to school I had to wait another week as she just started preschool. My little girl all grown up getting her shoes on before we left for her first day of preschool.
Maddie was really excited and said she was going to be fine. So we took the customary pictures and loaded her up in the car.

She was fine until we turned out of the community and then she said, "Mommy i'm not excited anymore, I don't want to go." It broke my heart. It made me want to turn around and go home and cuddle her. But instead I was brave and continued our 3 minute drive to her preschool. All the while I tried to cheer her up and tell her she would be fine.
I unloaded the little ones and we walked hand in hand up to her preschool. Hung up her back pack, put her lunch in the designated spot and walked into the school. She was so nervous. At that moment I knew she was not going to be easy to drop off. She washed her hands, flipped her picture around to say she was there and then held onto me for dear life. I tried to talk her into staying and showed her the fun the kids were having. Finally I was able to get her to go to her teacher and then I walked out of the classroom. I knew she was in good hands and that her teacher would take care of her.
I silently cried on the way home. The three hours flew by but I sure did miss her. I picked her up and her teacher said she cried for 30 seconds and then was fine. She was pretty guarded though and stayed close to Miss Jennifer the whole time. I consider that a success.
She goes three days a week and I think she will do great. Just need to get those first week jitters out of the way.
I sure do love this girl and can't believe how quickly she grew up.

1 comments:

callmom said...

Adorable pictures! I am sooo glad she liked her first day! There will be MANY first days ahead! Are you going to do a sign for each year?! ;-)