BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Seaside Oregon 2008

For one of our family vacations this year we headed to Seaside Oregon where we met up with Jared's family. We stayed a week there in a house on the beach and had a lot of fun. We went beach combing a couple of mornings and walked along the promenade. Jared flew the kite that I insisted on buying which I never did fly myself. Kevin body surfed in the frigid water. We went to the very small aquarium and visited the different towns in the region. One of my favorite days was going to Tillamook. I LOVE cheese. Well their cheese in particular. They also have really good Ice cream. We also went to Cannon Beach and also went and saw some "points of interest"

Jitter Bug didn't do so well with sleeping as she was supposed to sleep in a pack and play. She moves so much when she sleeps that she kept waking up when she would run into the sides. So she ended up where she never gets to sleep....with Mommy and Daddy. After having her feet in our face and being ran into by her little body it was a welcomed sight to get back to Everett where she could once again occupy her crib.

We found lots of sea life at the beach including sand dollars, crab, star fish and hermit crabs. Jitter Bug was great and even let Jared and I go golfing with Stephanie and Kevin one afternoon while she hung out with Grandma and Grandpa. I missed her alot while we were golfing but it was alot of fun even though Jared and I both got sunburns. We enjoyed the fireworks by going out our back door and plopping them down by the beach. Jitter Bug fell asleep amid the noise all around her. The next day we packed up and headed home. It was a great vacation and the first one with Jitter Bug and mine and Jared's in a long time. I can't wait for the next vacation....December!!!!
Enjoy some of the pictures below that highlight our week in Oregon.


0 comments: